The College of Wooster. Wooster, Ohio – Bachelor of Arts – May 2012
Senior Honors Thesis: A History of the Fifteenth Air Force in World War II through the Eyes of One Man: The War Story of Second Lieutenant Winthrop Sargent Worcester, Jr. Independent Study is required by all seniors, resulting in 70-100 page research paper displaying the student’s depth and breadth in a specific area of their field. Final oral defense must be passed for completion.
Junior Independent Study Thesis: Understanding the Song and Finding Beauty in Every Word: A History of Flamenco and the Gypsies of Andalucía, Spain.
- Henry J. Copeland Fund: Enhancement of Senior Independent Study – 2011.
- Grant to spend time at Warner Robins Air Force Museum and utilize the archives.
- Phi Alpha Theta member – National History Honors Society
- TEFL/TESL Certificate from San Diego State University - 2014.
- Completed 130 hours of class-time including observations of ESL/EFL classes. Created and taught a speaking lesson plan to real ESL/EFL students. Complete at the American Language Institute, San Diego State University. 2014
Esperanza International esperanzaint.org
An organization in Tijuana, Mexico focused on building communities. Similar to Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer groups from across the U.S. and Mexico work alongside Esperanza staff for one week to build homes, learn about migration, and strengthen ties between the US and Mexico.
- Long-term volunteer from February 15 to July 1, 2013
- Lived in Tijuana and worked with native Spanish speakers
- Translated for the volunteer groups
- Coordinated and organized jobs at the work sites
- Acted as a cheerleader to empower the volunteer workers and create an environment of fun on the worksite
- Habitat for Humanity Intern – 2013 Sent emails and faxes, made Excel spreadsheets.
Playful Paws Pet Care
Responsible for client’s pets and trusted with entering their homes to feed and walk dogs.
June 2014 - Present
- ESL Facilitator
- Teaching Assistant for a speaking ESL class at the ALI at SDSU. Duties include encouraging English conversation between the students and creating a comfortable learning environment.
- Students ages 18-25
- Assistant Tennis Instructor
- Taught beginning to intermediate tennis to children ages 5-12
- Summers 2009-2011
- Field hand at Muddy Fork Farm
- Helped to plant, weed, and harvest produce on a small, organic farm
- Summer 2012
- Brokenrocks Cafe and Bakery
- Server and Hostess.
- Summer 2010
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excels in group leadership and teamwork
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills and organizational habits
- Knowledge of both Apple and PC
- Extensive experience working long hours on my feet, outside, and in warm climates
- Experience promoting companies to the public and asking for donations
- Can relate to anyone and start a compelling conversation
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Excels at energizing groups and people to have fun with a task
- Responsible with money and personal data
Proficient in Spanish